About the Center for American Liberty:
Founded in 2018, the Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to defending the civil liberties of Americans left behind by civil rights legacy organizations. The Constitution guarantees individual liberty rights, but we’ve observed, there is a coordinated assault on our civil liberties from corporations, politicians, socialist revolutionaries, and inept or biased government officials.
Founded by Harmeet Dhillon, a passionate legal advocate and nationally recognized attorney, The Center for American Liberty is leading the fight against this assault on liberty by holding those who destroy civil liberties accountable through the courts. In its short history, the organization has been instrumental in three Supreme Court wins defending religious freedom.
About the Senior Litigation Counsel Opening:
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director and General Counsel, the Senior Counsel is responsible for the management of a litigation case load for the organization and collaboration, as necessary, with a network of attorneys across the country assisting with open cases. Top contenders will have strong litigation experience, judicial clerkship experience, and superior writing skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Litigate complex cases at appellate and trial levels
- Draft, edit, and review substantive briefs
- Manage relationship and communication with clients
- Manage and recruit local counsel, as needed
- Significant motions practice and discovery work
- Assist with developing and selecting new cases
- Research novel issues of law
- Develop legal strategies that advance clients’ interests
- Professionally handle confidential information
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Active law license in any U.S. state in good standing
- 5 or more years of litigation experience with an ideal candidate having first chair experience in relevant areas including First Amendment and constitutional law
- Endorses and is motivated by the mission and work of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with an ability to manage the details of multiple cases and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High energy, a willingness to work hard, and an innate desire to produce superior work
- Creative and quick thinking; shows grace under pressure
- High standard of honesty and strong sense of ethics
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Center offers a generous benefits package, including 100% coverage of health and dental insurance premiums.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter, including your interest and alignment with the mission of the organization and your salary requirements
- Your comprehensive résumé
- Two writings samples, preferably motions, you’ve drafted personally
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.